All comments:63Replies

1. J6K3oAvh Newbie 2023-11-21 04:04:53 From mobile phone

Hello Sir if I HDMI is set to 1080 does that mean when I play Something in 4k it will only be in 1080 as the resolution keeps reverting back to factory on its own after a while.

2. lonewolf31 Elite member 2023-11-21 12:29:26

J6K3oAvh Posted at 2023-11-21 04:04
    Hello Sir if I HDMI is set to 1080 does that mean when I play Something in 4k it will only be in 108 ...

If you use Kodi preinstalled or new one(you have to enable in Video Settings - On Display Start/Stop enabled for smooth video playback.
    In Nova Video Player check for a setting, enable frame-rate matching and enable it for smoother playback.
    In SmartTube Youtube app, there is also a setting frame-rate switching, can enable resolution switching and/or frame-rate switching only.
    These apps will still play videos in 4K even if the Android Display setting is 1080p.
    Other apps like VLC might play in 1080p.

It seems Google's launcher has some problems if you change the dpi to 480 or higher then the top row icons doesn't display correctly.
    I don't understand how Google can't update and fix their own apps since Android 12 has 4K UI scaling already but not Google's own apps.

If you use 4K and 480, 640 dpi then you can use another launcher Projectivity launcher since it can scale all the app icons correctly.
    In it's settings make it overwrite the default launcher.
    https://github.com/spocky/miproja1/releases

I added a new fix, perhaps 4K live tv will play better.
    Please check what is the codec, bit-rate and frame-rate of the live tv streams.
    In Kodi you can press 'o' or other keys to get extra information, not sure of other apps.
    What apps are you using for Live TV, TiviMate is a paid app but supports frame-rate switching to have smoother live tv.

3. J6K3oAvh Newbie 2023-11-21 15:49:46 From mobile phone

Hi thanks for getting back to me and yes I totally agree that google need to sort there stuff out.

The app I was referring to is indeed a Tivimate so I will have a play with these settings I will also look at what codecs the streams use. Iv downloaded the launcher so will have a play about with that also, thanks again so much your the best.

4. lonewolf31 Elite member 2023-11-22 12:44:42

J6K3oAvh Posted at 2023-11-21 15:49
    Hi thanks for getting back to me and yes I totally agree that google need to sort there stuff out.
    T ...

If you have the paid version of TiviMate
    These are the settings for auto frame-rate switching.
    Better to just use Match frame-rate and disable the automatic for resolution.

image.jpg

New v1.13 firmware uploaded
    - Fix Plex app problems
    - Fix apps like NewPipe, LibreTube, Vuetube to work correctly
    - New 3rd party launcher, can scale in 4K 640 DPI correctly'
    - Better 4K resolution support
    - Extra DPI in Settings

For the launcher
    - Go to Settings, Import Settings then look in the Projectivy folder and restore the backup.
    It will improve the launcher UI as I set it.

5. J6K3oAvh Newbie 2023-11-22 16:04:08 From mobile phone

Thanks again for all your help and hard work Sir its very much appreciated and with that launcher it looks and works amazing.

6. xiaobao1980 Newbie 2023-12-16 20:27:20

谢谢分享 收藏了

7. lonewolf31 Elite member 2024-1-16 12:45:38

v1.14 firmware - See opening post after replying

- Hide sd card notifications
    - Choose different bootanimation from - Device - Display and Sound menu
    - Improved speed
    - Codec updates
    - Extra xbox controller support
    - DuckDuckGo as search engine
    - Hide pinyun popups for Google keyboard app
    - 2 Launchers, can switch to Projectivy if you don't want to use Google ATV launcher

8. J6K3oAvh Newbie 2024-1-21 20:07:46 From mobile phone

Hi im still unable to play 4k live streams in tivimate due to the screen keep flickering the pic u sent me to change match framerate is of a firestick so am unable to find anywhere in station pc or tivimate settings could you pls assist me. Thanks so much

9. lonewolf31 Elite member 2024-1-22 23:10:35

J6K3oAvh Posted at 2024-1-21 20:07
    Hi im still unable to play 4k live streams in tivimate due to the screen keep flickering the pic u s ...

Hi

Please post a short video if you can.

Is there a way to send a trial or m3u file used by TiviMate so I can test the stream, can send by private message perhaps?
    Do you know the video codec and frame-rate of the streams iused n TiviMate?

10. lonewolf31 Elite member 2024-1-23 12:41:49

Last edited by lonewolf31 on 2024-1-23 12:45 Editor

GoogleTV 12 firmware with different launcher posted in the opening post for people interested, same password.
    I would still recommend the AndroidTV firmware.

1234567Next Jump to Page

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register