All comments:40Replies

1. realcam Newbie 2024-6-27 21:51:59

Last edited by realcam on 2024-6-27 22:00 Editor

After a few months with my stationpc I have to congratulate you. Your androidTV 11 is IMO the best way overall to run your m2 as a tv box. Official android11 and stationos is fine but has the drawbacks that come with a phone os. Like many apps run in 'phone mode' and aren't really usable well or at all.
    Libreelec has issues with suspend and waking so not fully operable with the remote which is not great for a tv box. And of course its lacking other apps than kodi so you're depending on kodi plugins for other stuff which is a workaround at best.

Your android11is stable and utilises all aspects of the box as far as I can tell. I run it as dual boot with Linux on nvme ssd and it's just very good, almost perfect. Thank you.

Only thing I had a little trouble with is the internal nvme ssd and using it as android storage. Unless you have it pre-formatted with nfs or exfat it will not be recognised and you cant format it either because its detected as USB disk which conflicts with USB/ADB debugging being set to 'on'. Leaving you with an unformattable disk and a developer menu that crashes upon entry so you cant switch usb debug off either. I got around it by formatting ssd to exfaxt from linux but it took me a while to figure out. And now I'm running it as linux dual boot anyway.

So if you're planning to release a newer version of this androidtv this would be fantastic, but even if not this is great and does everything I need. Except lack of Netflix androidtv version, but thats a Netlfix certification problem with firefly and not that bad.

Again thank you very much!

12345 Jump to Page

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register