Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.

All comments:21Replies

1. Maddox675 Member 2021-8-15 08:37:14

Last edited by Maddox675 on 2021-8-15 08:38 Editor
    时间的蝴蝶 Posted at 2021-8-11 09:49
    Hi, we have released a temporary firmware that supports ufw. Follow-up versions can pay attention  ...

I downloaded the file and unzipped it.  I tried to flash it to an SD card using Balena Etcher, but it complains that the image is missing a partition table.  Is there another way I can flash to an SD card or can you provide an image with partition table that Balena Etcher can use?

Thanks

2. 时间的蝴蝶 Member 2021-8-16 13:00:21

Maddox675 Posted at 2021-8-15 08:37
    I downloaded the file and unzipped it.  I tried to flash it to an SD card using Balena Etcher, but  ...

Hi,
    you can use SD_Firmware_Tool to make a boot card with the previously uploaded rockchip format firmware: http://en.t-firefly.com/doc/download/93.html#other_368

We have uploaded the raw format firmware, Station_M2_Ubuntu_18.04_GPT_RAW_20210816_1005.zip, which supports the use of Balena Etcher to make boot cards: https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... A0P2__EUWLcxMefLA4Y

3. Maddox675 Member 2021-8-18 10:11:58

时间的蝴蝶 Posted at 2021-8-16 13:00
    Hi,
    you can use SD_Firmware_Tool to make a boot card with the previously uploaded rockchip format  ...

Thank you - I flashed with Balena and ufw works well!

I downloaded and tried the SD_Firmware_Tool and my Chinese is very poor, so I was guessing on the options.  Also, my virus program warned that it had ransom-ware, so I did not go any further.

How can I transfer the SD card to the internal flash ( /dev/mmcblk1) so I can boot from it.  The flash drive currently has Android (shipped from the factory) on it, which I don't need.

4. 时间的蝴蝶 Member 2021-8-19 14:50:47

Maddox675 Posted at 2021-8-18 10:11
    Thank you - I flashed with Balena and ufw works well!

I downloaded and tried the SD_Firmware_Tool ...

Hi,

The tool we release is safe software, you don't have to worry about it. You can find the `config.ini` file in the software directory, and set the language to English by modifying `Selected=2`.

Currently, we only support using the `AndroidTool` tool to flash rockchip format firmware to emmc (ie /dev/mmcblk1), maybe you can try the command `dd`. For RAW format firmware flash support, please pay attention to the official follow-up release.

`AndroidTool` link: http://en.t-firefly.com/doc/download/93.html#other_365

5. Maddox675 Member 2021-8-20 13:42:59

时间的蝴蝶 Posted at 2021-8-19 14:50
    Hi,

The tool we release is safe software, you don't have to worry about it. You can find the `con ...

Well, I tried dd and now it won't boot from either the internal emmc or the sd card.  Was their a boot loader on the emmc? I am guessing the dd from the sd card to the emmc worked, but wiped out the bootloader.

How should I flash something that I can boot?

6. 时间的蝴蝶 Member 2021-8-21 09:21:56

Maddox675 Posted at 2021-8-20 13:42
    Well, I tried dd and now it won't boot from either the internal emmc or the sd card.  Was their a  ...

This is a bit embarrassing, you can refer to WIKI to deal with the current problem: https://wiki.t-firefly.com/en/RO ... are_with_flash.html

7. Maddox675 Member 2021-8-21 10:17:59

Last edited by Maddox675 on 2021-8-21 10:20 Editor
    时间的蝴蝶 Posted at 2021-8-21 09:21
    This is a bit embarrassing, you can refer to WIKI to deal with the current problem: https://wiki.t ...

The link takes me to a page for the ROC-RK3566-PC.  Since the Station M2 also has a 3566 processor, I assume that that is why you sent this link.

There are several modes listed:
    - Loader Mode
    - Maskrom Mode
    - Download to Nor-Flash
    - Download to EMMC (this is the one I believe I should use)
        - Download Boot first
           Step 1: We need to get MiniLoaderAll.bin which will download to the Boot, this
           kind * Loader *. bin can be compiled firmware of the corresponding device
           model in SDK to generate, we could find it in the directory rockdev finally.

If we have not compiled, we can download a MiniLoaderAll.bin for the
           corresponding CPU model.

I followed the link to MiniLoaderALL.bin and selected the 3566 file to download, is that the right one?  Am I on the right track so far?

Step 2. Download using the RKDevTool the MiniLoaderALL.bin I now have from above.  This downloads to the boot (For my understanding, where did this get loaded to?)

Step 3. Erase Nor-flash

Step 4.. Select EMMC

Step 5. Erase EMMC

Step 6. Upgrade Firmware.  Should I select the image file for Ubuntu you provided (not the Balena one)?

In general, I don't have a good understanding of the architecture and how boot actually works.  Is there any documentation to explain (for the Station M2).  How does the Staion M2 difer from the other products for booting?

Thanks for the support.

8. 时间的蝴蝶 Member 2021-8-21 15:49:45

Maddox675 Posted at 2021-8-21 10:17
    The link takes me to a page for the ROC-RK3566-PC.  Since the Station M2 also has a 3566 processor, ...

- `The link takes me to a page for the ROC-RK3566-PC.  Since the Station M2 also has a 3566 processor, I assume that that is why you sent this link.`

Yes, Station-M2 is indeed ROC-RK3566-PC.

- `I followed the link to MiniLoaderALL.bin and selected the 3566 file to download, is that the right one?  Am I on the right track so far?`

That's no problem.

- `Step 2. Download using the RKDevTool the MiniLoaderALL.bin I now have from above.  This downloads to the boot (For my understanding, where did this get loaded to?)`

This will flash to emmc.

- `Step 6. Upgrade Firmware.  Should I select the image file for Ubuntu you provided (not the Balena one)?`

Yes, not the Balena one. I have to say that you have a good understanding of the steps.

- `In general, I don't have a good understanding of the architecture and how boot actually works.  Is there any documentation to explain (for the Station M2).  How does the Staion M2 difer from the other products for booting?`

I'm afraid you will need to spend a lot of time to understand the relevant content. If you are interested, you can learn step by step through our open source WIKI: `https://wiki.t-firefly.com/en/ROC-RK3566-PC/started.html`. Since Station-M2 has different boot media, such as Nor-flash and emmc, it is more troublesome to deal with programming errors. However, it also provides more versatile boot functions.

9. Maddox675 Member 2021-8-23 08:14:10

时间的蝴蝶 Posted at 2021-8-21 15:49
    - `The link takes me to a page for the ROC-RK3566-PC.  Since the Station M2 also has a 3566 proces ...

I got the emmc flashed with the Ubuntu image - working fine, now.

Thanks again for the guidance!

10. Maddox675 Member 2021-8-23 11:50:46

Last edited by Maddox675 on 2021-8-23 11:52 Editor
    Maddox675 Posted at 2021-8-23 08:14
    I got the emmc flashed with the Ubuntu image - working fine, now.

Thanks again for the guidance! ...

if I do a dd to backup from the emmc to an sd card, if I had to do a restore, would a dd from the SD (which should now have the boot loader?) to the emmc be the way to do it?

Alternatively, how would I make a backup image that I could then use RKDevTool to flash onto the emmc (just like how I just loaded the Ubuntu image you provided)?

Cheers!

123Next Jump to Page

You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register